We are thrilled to announce the second annual Volta Forum and ask that you Save the Date! Anchoring our 2018 Forum as keynote speaker is Robin Chase, Founder and Former CEO, Zipcar, Buzzcar and GoLoco; Executive Chairman, Veniam Works and Author. She has received numerous awards in the areas of innovation, design and the collaborative economy.
Against this backdrop, we will explore how each of us can harness innovation and collaboration to guide our organizations to success in a rapidly changing legal landscape. The day will feature industry experts, a hands-on Design Thinking workshop led by Evelyn Williams, a professor at Georgetown University’s McDonough School of Business and insights from prominent peers.
Please direct any questions to Kara Dodson, Chair of the 2018 Forum, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This year, we are excited to have two members of our team presenting at the NALP Annual Conference. On Wednesday, April 25th during the 3pm session, Ramla Farzad will be presenting on the effect implicit bias has on selecting the best candidates in The Don Draper Effect: Overcoming Implicit Bias Using Structured Interviews. During the same time block, Erika Schrieber will be presenting as part of the Book Club: Four Books to Transform Your Professional Growth and Development panel, which plans to share insights and concepts from books that have had a notable impact in their professional lives.
And, as always, you can find us at our booth in the Exhibitor Hall. We hope to see you there!
Nudging the Paradigm to Empower Next Generation Leadership
Our Inaugural Volta Forum is an invitation-only, one-day program bringing together senior talent professionals in Washington, DC to explore – in-depth – a single topic. This year we will look at the challenges and opportunities confronting the legal industry as Millennial- and Generation Z- lawyers begin to dominate the workforce.
- Begin the day hearing from experts in companies and organizations that are meeting intergenerational challenges with creative solutions.
- Roll up your sleeves and “hack” ideas to develop prototypes that will work inside the unique ecosystems of your respective firms.
- Kick off the afternoon with a fast-paced “Peer Share.” Designated participants will share innovations and pilot initiatives, as well as real-world obstacles and practical solutions.
- Participate in a dynamic session led by Mark Schall, a renowned coach and facilitator whose corporate clients include AmEx, The Gap and AXA. His highly engaging approach will ensure that every participant leaves the Forum with realistic, achievable action items that can be implemented upon their return to their firms.
- Finally, leave time at the end of the program to catch up with old friends and to deepen relationships with new ones over cocktails, Volta-style.
We Look Forward to Seeing You
The official countdown to NALP's 2017 Annual Education Conference in San Francisco has begun! Across five all-star panels, our team will present on topics related to artificial intelligence, outplacement, on-campus recruitment and millennial engagement. We can't wait to see you all there!
Wed, Apr 19, 10:00am
When Ross Got His First Job: Back to the Future of Legal Talent
Nicholas Jelfs-Jelf, Partner, Volta Talent Strategies
Wed, Apr 19, 10:00am
Whose Presentation is it Anyway? Owning the Room as a Presenter, Moderator, or Panelist
Jami de Lou, Associate Director of Talent Development, Diversity & Inclusion, Jenner & Block LLP
Lane Vanderslice, Partner, Volta Talent Strategies
Wed, Apr 19, 2:15pm
From Cradle to Loyal Alum: The Rapidly Changing Face of Outplacement in the Legal Arena
Jeanna Beck, Senior Manager of Career & Professional Development, Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP
Lois Durant, Americas People Advisory Manager, White & Case LLP
Lauren Krasnow, Director, Volta Talent Strategies
Wed, Apr 19, 2:15pm
The ‘Grow and Go’ Approach: Losing The Keepers
Christopher Gardephe, Knowledge Management Officer, Proskauer Rose LLP
Jennifer Kasmin, Managing Partner, SJL Attorney Search
Sang Lee, Chief Executive Officer, Volta Talent Strategies
Caroline Menes, Legal Recruiting Officer, Proskauer Rose LLP
Fri, Apr 21, 10:30am
Tell Me About a Time….Practical Strategies for Using Behavioral Interviewing and Measuring ROI
Lindsay Callantine, Firmwide Director of Attorney Recruiting, Morgan Lewis & Bockius LLP
Kara Dodson, Director, Volta Talent Strategies
Kevin Donovan, Senior Assistant Dean for Career Services, University of Virginia School of Law
Benjamin Smith, Partner, Morgan Lewis & Bockius LLP